Treats! Magazine Issue 3
Photographer: Steve Shaw
Model: Emily Ratajkowski - Ford Models LA
Makeup: Jo Baker
Videographer: Jim Dziura & Rob Hoffman
Video Editor: Michael Duffy
Video Production: Mike Welch
Location: Smudge Studios LA
Director / Editor: Chris Marrs Piliero
Producer: Liz Kessler
DP: Will Bex
Shot on the EPIC
1 small head of cauliflower
1 and 1/4 cups of low fat mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
small handful of fresh basil leaves sliced thinly
1. Shred the cauliflower in your food processor until it looks like rice – I call this “ricing”.
2. Place the rice in a bowl and microwave it for 5 minutes.
3. Squeeze all of the excess water out by placing the rice on a cheesecloth or thin piece of linen and pressing the liquid out. If you skip this, it’s not the end of the world.
4. Then mix in your dried ingredients, egg, cheese, and basil leaves. Be careful! It’s hot. Don’t do what I did in my first Cheap Clean Eats video. You can watch that disaster here. (No, seriously, watch it!)
5. Form your “dough” into little nugget sized pieces on a tray that’s been sprayed with EVOO, PAM, or coconut oil.
6. Bake at 425F for 15 min. (I actually left mine in a little longer to make sure they get a bit crunchy.)
98 cals per serving = 6 nuggets